This group or pair activity gives students the chance to use "not" while playing a guessing game.
|Level:||Junior high, grade 1|
|Works with:||I'm not ~.|
|Class size:||small to large|
You will need:
- pieces of scrap paper (big enough to write a name on)
- In groups, students write their names on pieces of paper.
The paper is shuffled and redistributed randomly.
Make a circle.
- Each students must give one hint - "I'm not Yu."
They must also make one guess "Are you Keita?"
- Continue until all students have been guessed.
- This game can also be played in pairs. Rather than being someone from the group, students should be someone from the class (which may take a while) or someone from the han-group (or lunch group).
This game can be used to supplement Sunshine 1 Program 2-2 and allows students to use both target points of this lesson - "Are you ~?" and "I'm not ~." but in a slightly different format to the example in the textbook.