Touch a color is a no prep color drilling activity perfect for younger elementary classes with extra energy. Your students will be running around the class touching different colors and yelling out loud.
|Level:||Elementary grade 1 - 2|
|Works with:||Studying colors|
|Class size:||Any size|
You will need:
- Make sure the students are somewhat familiar with the colors (i.e. they are able to say and understand them).
- Demonstrate to them what the word touch means.
- Everyone stands up.
- Yell out "Touch blue!" The students run around the class and find something blue.
- When everyone has found something blue, point to what you found and ask them "What color is this?" and everyone should cheer "BLUE!!"
Go through the colors of the lesson.
- Get a few of the students to yell out the next color for you.
- Shapes. You can also play this game as "touch a shape".