In this activity, groups think up opinion based answers to the questions you provide and present them for popular judgement to the class. Vote by applause.
|Level:||Junior high grade 2|
|Works with:||I think (that) ~.|
|Class size:||Medium to large|
You will need:
- scrap paper
- Students make groups. Each group gets a piece of paper.
- You give the students a question. (See tips.) (See examples below.)
- Groups think up their answers and write it on the paper.
- Two or three students come up and share their group's answer.
- Everyone in the audience claps to show if they agree. (See tips.)
Some examples of questions:
- What is the best AKB48 song?
- What club is the hardest?
- Who is the funniest teacher?
- When you give each question, tell the students a few times so they have a chance to listen, and then eventually write it up on the board.
- Make sure everyone claps for each opinion, just to keep it active. Quiet clap for disagree, loud for complete "Me too!!" agreement.
This activity works well as review of Sunshine 2 Program 3 section 3.