The goal of this site is to help ALTs teaching English in Japan.
We do this by sharing helpful, insightful, educational, or inspiring information.
We hope this is done in an open and collaborative way where everyone feels welcome to contribute.
People helping people - it's powerful stuff.
We want to help make your experience in Japan easier and better because we know teaching English in Japan can be challenging. (And not just the teaching part.)
Can I help too?
There's something rewarding about helping others. If you want to share something that made your job or life in Japan easier, please do! This is a great place to do it.
Here's how to publish on ALTWiki.net:
- Sign up up and sign in.
- Click Create New Article* on the welcome page or in the Logged in* menu at the bottom of every page.
- Click Save and we'll have a check over the article and when it's ready, we'll publish it!
- After saving, you can access unpublished articles by clicking Unpublished Articles* in the menu at the bottom of every page.
*Note that these links are only visible after you have logged in.
How to Help
Help others by sharing:
- Blog articles
On anything Japan from cooking, opinion, travel, helpful daily tips, etc.
- Games and activities
For ALTs teaching English in public schools.
You can also help by:
- Letting us know about spelling or grammar errors
- Letting us know about broken links
- Mentioning us on your own blog
If you've got your own blog, we also welcome guest posts that link back to your website or blog. Here's an example of a guest post.
Get in Touch
If you'd like to say hello or have any questions, contact Sam at: