Memory is a match the cards game I'm sure we all played as kids. As a child, I played with playing card but in an elementary English class, vocabulary card sets work better. If you have them, this game can be used to drill vocabulary.
|Level:||Elementary grade 1 - 6, Easy|
|Works with:||Vocabulary sets|
|Class size:||Small to large|
You will need:
- Sets of vocabulary set cards
- The students should make pairs or groups.
- Give each group 2 sets of cards (so that they have two of each card).
- The cards are spread out face down in the middle of the group.
- One student turns a card over and says what it is using English. Then they get to turn over one more. If they make a pair, they can take those cards. If not the cards are turned back face down.
- The next student repeats the process, and it goes around the circle.
- When students can't remember the words, explain (demonstrate) that they should ask the group. - "I don't know."
- The students might get caught up in trying to match the pairs and forget to call out each card they turn over using the English word. If you think this might me the case, you can set a rule (preferably from the start) that if you can't say the word then you can't turn over the next card, and you can't take the cards until you say the word.