This activity uses competition to make writing the alphabet fun. It should probably be paired with (and done after) a practice worksheet.
|Level:||Junior high grade 1|
|Class size:||Medium to large|
You will need:
- Blackboard and chalk (or similar)
- Divide the blackboard into 4 sections, ideally by drawing a "t" shaped cross. The left side for one team, the right for the other. The top is for the upper case alphabet, the bottom for the lower case alphabet.
- Divide the students into two teams.
- Everyone stands up. "Go!"
- One by one, the students go up to the blackboard and write a letter (in order), either upper or lower case then returns and sits down. Only standing students can go up. Once everyone is sitting, everyone stands up and can write another letter.