Back writing is a fun game with a few different variations for pairs or groups to review writing and understanding the shapes of the alphabet.
|Level:||Junior high grade 1|
|Class size:||Small to large|
You will need:
- The kids make pairs.
- One kid sits behind the other and using his/her finger, traces the shape of a letter on the others back.
- The kid whose back is being 'written' on guesses which letter the kid is writing on his/her back.
- The kids can just guess letter for letter, alternating 1 for 1, with each first guess they get correct earning them one point.
- The kids can choose a word from a list of words and spell it out. The goal then being to guess the letter and then the word.
- The back writing game can be played like Chinese Whispers down the rows, again either letter for letter or trying to spell out a whole word.